This Guide illustrates how to use TBCSS system to:
1.Calibrate the Top-Drive new positions for the first use or after mobilization.
2.Monitor position & speed of the Top-Drive.
3. Configure Alarms due to position limits and set the overspeed of the Top-Drive.
4. Control the ON/OFF and analog Braking System.
5. Get Trends & Log events.
6. Configure the HMI Touch Panel System.
The Traveling Block Control Safety Solution TBCSS HMI system comprises the following functions:
1. Real-time Top-Drive position graphical monitoring.
2. Preset limits (in meter or feet) for alarms and brake control actions.
3. Calibration of Top-drive new positions using two calibration systems:
o System-1: 4-points calibration system
o System-2: 2-points calibration systems (Under test)
4. Selection of braking behavior. There are mainly three parameters which affect braking actions:
o Overspeed of Top-Drive moving up or down.
o Entering high or low limiting areas; Braking gradually between the two High limits, or between the two low limits
o The Top-Drive weight (Provision)
5. Three types of brake control:
o Using a solenoid valve to apply or release completely the main brake.
o Using a proportional valve for gradual braking.
o Decelerating or disconnecting of main motors while the top drive reaches one of the upper limits.
6. Real-time graphical Trends of Top-Drive position and Speed.
7. Logging of Alarms & Trends.
8. Four levels of user access:
o Advanced Operators
9. Resetting of brakes and motor commands available according to the user privilege.
10. Switching between Meter and Feet Measuring system units.
11. Other functions for the Touch Panel services.
The traveling Top-drive block is monitored through a rotary encoder to calculate its position and speed. There are four preset limits for the Top-Drive as shown in Figure 2:
1. Upper Collision Limit
2. Upper Limit
3. Lower Limit
4. Lower Collision Limit